Monday, May 19, 2008

Sprinkler system operating days & times

Updated May 21st at 6:45 P.M.
Updated information is shown in italics and strikethroughs.

All of the sprinkler system controllers are now up and running and almost all of the stations zones are now functional. Most of the non-functional zones have been shut off until broken spray heads can be replaced (a service order has been submitted).

I have a key to all of the controller boxes (except for the one which controls the zones for the units on Central Park North, which uses a different key that I am still waiting for). so I can make adjustments to the station zone settings as needed. If you notice a broken head gushing water, call me and I will disable the affected station zone and submit the service request to Kramer-Triad. If I am not home, please leave a message and I will get to it as soon as possible.

The controllers have been re-programmed to water on Tuesdays through Sundays. The controllers will begin watering at around 4:00 A.M. on those mornings. There will be no watering on Mondays (to facilitate the landscaping service).

A Sprinkler System Settings link has been added to the "Useful Links" section on the right where you can look up detailed information about each controller's stations (zones) and watering times. So far, I have only documented Controller Nos. 6 & 8, but I will be adding the others in the days to come.

The controller boxes are each equipped with their own rain sensor, which will cancel a watering program that is
a) already in progress (shortly after it detects the start of rain)
b) about to start, if the sensor detects that it is raining or if it has not dried out yet from a very recent rain.

After the sensor had dried out, the sprinkler controller will automatically initiate the next regularly scheduled watering program. Therefore, if you do not see the sprinklers running at their regular day and time, it's most likely because the program has been canceled by the rain sensor.

When the weather gets warmer and drier, I will add a second watering program in the afternoon. This cycle will probably start around 4:00 P.M. and run only on Tuesdays through Fridays. I will post the details here when I add the second program.